No doubt, the Commodore 64 that released last year was captivating. But, the major drawback was the attached tiny keyboard. This keyboard was not working and was attached just for show. In 80’s the iconic feature of C64 was the dirt-brown coloured keys.
C64 replica to come this December
According to buzzing reports, a mini Commodore 64 will join C64 this December. This replica will have a full sized functional keyboard. The C64 from Retro Games was announced back in 2016 but could not reach the required funding. Thus, the makers had to push a hold button on the device.
Features of Commodore 64
- The C64 has a similar basic footprint as that of the 80’s Commodore 64.
- The new C64 consists of an HDMI port so that you can even connect the game with your modern TVs.
- But, the game possesses the same 720P resolution. Thus, you cannot have the 4K feel while playing the game.
— usatodaypost (@usatodaypost2) June 26, 2019
- The old beige coloured keyboard screams it loud that it belongs to “80’s computer.”
- The new micro-switches have replaced the old joystick which makes the game more responsive.
- You can even insert a flash drive into one of the four C64’s USB ports.
- But, in the same orderly fashion, you will have to load the ROM using proper BASIC syntax.
— Leonardo (@Guki_0) June 18, 2019
The C64 will began to ship officially from 5 December 2019. It will cost £110 which in a way is more expensive than the C64 Mini. But, the new add-on of the keyboard will definitely compel you to buy and get the new Commodore experience.
For more updates on gaming, keep watching this space!