Dell has launched another laptop in its new G series i.e G7 15. This beast is a gaming laptop with some amazing features and utilities. We will do an in-depth analysis of Dell G7 15 and find out its pros and cons.
- Product name: Dell G7 15 (2019 RTX Model)
- Price: Starting from 1,88,071.72 INR
- Type: Gaming Laptop G series
- Availability: Now
- Processor: Intel Core i7 8750H
Dell has announced a name change for its Inspiron-branded laptops for gamers: the G Series. They arrive in three models: the G7 family, the G5 family, and the G3 models.
With G series Dell attracts upcoming gamers which cannot afford heavy duty gaming laptops. As Alienware falling under Dell due to ownership and partnership issues, the development in gaming laptops in unquestionable.
In a few short months, and with the arrival of NVIDIA’s new range of RTX graphics cards for laptops, the G Series has been redesigned – sporting a new look and a bigger focus on performance.
Now we will dive deeper into the analysis of G7 and it’s comparison with other laptops. The big change here comes with the addition of the RTX 2060 Paired with the Intel Core i7 8750H.
- Appearance – The concept that is the gaming laptop is more than simply a focus on performance and the inclusion of a decent video card so you can run games smoothly. From RGB lighting to sleek angular design all is adjusted perfectly to resemble a ‘Gaming Laptop’. From the new grills to the angular shape to the small bezel surrounding the display to the RGB-lit keyboard the appearance has improved drastically. Still, G7 bags whole 2.5 KG weight which is slightly more but an amazing keyboard makes up for the weight.
- Specs – Specs for Dell G7 are as follows Processor: Intel Core i7 8750H
Display: 15.6″ IPS FHD (1920 x 1080) panel, 60Hz refresh rate (144 Hz also avail.)
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060
Memory: 8GB 2666MHz DDR4 (up to 16GB)
Storage: 128GB M.2 PCIe NVMe Solid State Drive, 1TB 5400 rpm 2.5″ SATA Hard Drive
OS: Windows 10
Interfaces: 1 HDMI 2.0, 3 SuperSpeed USB 3.1 Gen 1 Type-A with PowerShare, 1 2-in-1 SD / Micro-Media Card slot, Headphone Jack, 1 USB-C DisplayPort/USB-C Thunderbolt, 1 Mini DisplayPort, 1 RJ-45 Killer Networks E2500V2 Gigabit Ethernet Port.
- Gaming Performance – RTX 2060 handles Gaming performance easily and increasingly pushes frame-rates. *This version is limited to 60 Hz refresh rate only.
- Comparison with G5 series – Below is a comparison between G7 and G5.
Pros and Cons
The new look and RTX powered G Series from Dell hits many of the right marks. There are cons, namely with slower drives, battery life issues, and an overall heavy build.
Also, the inclusion of pre-installed software shouldn’t be present in a gaming laptop. As it affects the performance overall. Smaller bezel display and RTX GPU counteracts slower SSD’s and weight.
For more updates visit The Geek Herald