The upcoming Gears 5 for Xbox and Windows 10 PC won’t have Gear Packs or a Season Pass. The Coalition which is the developer for Gears 5 has announced it officially. According to the team, Gears 5, or Gears of War 5 for those that fancy the older title, will not feature a Season or Gear Packs.
“Our goal is to create a player-first experience when it comes to in-game content”,
Quotes the devs.
While Gears 5 won’t feature Gear Packs, players will be able to earn exclusive customization through the use of ‘Iron’ – the game’s premium in-game currency which can be purchased with real-world currency.
— Polygon (@Polygon) June 23, 2019
Gears 5 will also feature Supply Drops. According to the devs, every minute you play (across every multiplayer mode) contributes towards a random item drop from a unique pool of content we call Supply.
Gears 5 won’t feature store items that provide a competitive advantage for real-money purchasers.
The developers further explained,
“We are committed to ensuring we preserve a fair competitive environment across our modes, so there will be no items in the store that provide a competitive advantage for real-money purchasers, i.e. no pay to win”.
- You will also be able to earn a limited amount of Iron through each Tour of Duty to spend in content in the Store.
- The content found in the store is a direct purchase, meaning what you see is what you get.
- No Gear Packs, no randomness.
- Boost is a new optional purchasable in G5 that provides accelerated progression.
- But Boost lasts only for a real-time period(e.g. 1 Day, 7 Days, etc.).
— mX Shadowz (@SASxSH4DOWZ) June 21, 2019
Boost also offers various benefits, which are as follows:
- Double Multiplayer XP.
- 2X Character XP for Escape.
- Double Character XP for Horde.
- Double speed Supply Drop Progression
But Boost is not required every time. For instance, Boost is not required to earn or unlock any content.
The Coalition’s upcoming Gears sequel will also contain Supply Drops with a random item drop from a unique pool of content. According to the developer, the Supply Drops and its contents can’t be purchased with real-world money.
For more such updates check The Geek Herald