The Nintendo Switch lovers often get caught in a dilemma of buying the best Switch dock. Because there are numerous companies in the markets which claim to provide the best one. Genki has also joined the list of such companies but the company’s new covert dock seems to be luring the users more.
Genki Covert Dock blows up on Kickstarter
— Nintendo Enthusiast (@NINTENthusiast) August 8, 2019
The Genki Covert Dock appeared on Kickstarter as a campaign. The super-compact charger was aimed at getting the US$ 50,000. But the campaign has already been backed by more than 9,000 people. And, the campaign has achieved more than US$ 500,000 till now. The number is still rising.
Genki Covert Dock: Specifications
- The Covert Dock is a portable GaN charger.
- It also has a USB PD and USB-3.1 port.
- Apart from this, the Covert Dock also HDMI display port and foldable prongs.
What makes Genki more successful?
Genki claims that their dock is so tiny that you can even carry it in your pocket. Also, Covert Dock is different from other docks in the following ways:
- Genki’s Covert Dock uses Gallium Nitride which makes it more efficient and powerful. However, the other docks available make use of Silicon. GaN prevents the dock from overheating.
- One major reason for the failure of the other docks is the power delivery chips that malfunctions very often. The chip often breaks when exposed to more than 6 volts.
- Another reason is that many companies do not make use of proper PD controllers. For instance, Nyko third-party dock provides 9V to the chip which can bear only 6 volts.
- Also, third-party manufacturers make use of inferior quality Type-C connectors. However, the manufacturers try to copy the original Nintendo Switch USB connector. But, Nintendo‘s connector is narrower than those available in the market.
How to use Genki Covert Dock?
Now, you might be wondering about how to use the dock. It has a simple and compact procedure to connect. So, you just need to follow the two-step process to connect the dock:
- Step 1: Plug the Nintendo Switch into the Covert Dock.
- Step 2: Then plug it with an HDMI cable to connect to your TV.
The campaign on Kickstarter gives an estimated delivery date of December 2019. So, the portable dock is soon going to arrive. For more updates, keep watching this space!