Imagine what all changes you could have done if you had got a chance to customise your laptop? Yes, it’s possible. The tech-giant Lenovo has always been in the headlines for its brand new features and services. Now, they have rolled out a ‘Made to Order’ service in India to provide a wider range of options to the buyers. Right now, the service is only for Lenovo’s Thinkpad range.
You can now buy custom-made Lenovo Thinkpad notebooks in India pic.twitter.com/KEv6kMmeJe
— ShamelNews (@NewsShamel) June 26, 2019
But, according to Lenovo, they will begin to offer ‘Made to Order’ service for IdeaPad consumer devices, premium Yoga models, and the Legion series for gamers by the end of this year.
Rahul Aggarwal- CEO & MD, Lenovo India, says
At Lenovo, we understand that in today’s world every individual uses a laptop differently, because of which there has been a growing demand for personalized laptops, which cater to specific needs. The launch of this service is a big step in our journey to becoming a truly customer-centric company and will prove to be a compelling proposition for our direct e-commerce business on www.lenovo.com.
— HELLO… (@HelloTechJobs) June 26, 2019
The buyers can choose from over 100,000 configurations that are available on the website and they promise to deliver your customised built laptop within two weeks. The website shows a message if there are any incompatibilities between the selected options. You can customise the following parameters with your own variations:
- CPU- Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.(AMD) or Intel
- Intel CPU Customisation- Core i3 or i5 or i7
- Storage- High-Speed SSD or Standard Hard Disk
- Graphics- In-Built Graphic or AMD dedicated graphics or NVIDIA graphics
- Screen- FHD or UHD and touch or non- touch screen
- Accessories- Extra Battery, External Monitor, Ethernet Dongles, etc.
- Pre-installed Software Options- Adobe Suite, Anti-virus software, MS Office, etc.
- Premiere support- Accidental Damage Protection and Extended Warranty
- For a few models, you can even choose to add cellular 4G connectivity, fingerprint reader & keypad backlight.
Steps to customise your Lenovo Thinkpad Laptop
Just follow these three simple steps to own your customised Lenovo Laptop:
- Select the base model that you wish to personalise.
- Opt your upgradation, specifications and accessories from the above parameters.
- Wait for 2 weeks to get your Lenovo Thinkpad delivered at your doorstep.
Though Lenovo ensures to deliver it within two weeks. But the website sometimes shows a delivery time of four weeks if some options are selected.
Even though the company has started the service only with Thinkpad series. It will be amazing to see what other specifications they have in store for the buyers.
For more tech updates, stay tuned with us!