The tech giant, Microsoft announced today that it would invest $1 billion in OpenAI’s ambitious goal of building artificial intelligence. OpenAI is a San Francisco based firm having co-founders Elon Musk, CTO, Greg Brockman and Ilya Sutskever.
The OpenAI team is currently working on accomplishing artificial general intelligence (AGI). Now Microsoft as an investor, is contributing to their ambition.
— OpenAI (@OpenAI) July 22, 2019
Azure AI Supercomputing Technologies
Microsoft announced on 22 July that the two companies are together working on to further extend the capabilities of Microsoft’s Azure in the field of AI. The partnership consists of the following:
- Both the companies will jointly work on the Azure supercomputing technologies.
- OpenAI will port the services which it will use to create the new AI technologies on Microsoft Azure. And, will fulfill their promise of accomplishing AGI.
- Microsoft will also be the OpenAI’s preferred commercializing partner for the new AI technologies.
Advantages of creating AGI
.@Microsoft invests $1 billion in @OpenAI partnership, founded on shared values of trustworthiness and empowerment, to accelerate AI innovation and help OpenAI deliver on the promise of artificial general intelligence. https://t.co/4BViNRXYiV
— Microsoft Stories and News (@MSFTnews) July 22, 2019
According to Sam Altman, CEO of OpenAI, AGI will prove to be the most important technological development. Today, Microsoft made a press release which clears out the advantages of building AGI.
- According to Sam Altman, AGI will also have the potential to shape the trajectory of human life.
- Also, both the companies are toiling hard to make the best use of their new AGI technology. And, to bring out its benefits for mankind.
- He also ensures that their mission is to democratize AI. But, they’ll accomplish their mission keeping AI safety a must.
OpenAI’s sole mission is to develop new AI technologies for the benefits of mankind. The company also announced its partnership with Microsoft in a blog post. OpenAI also promised to work hard on both software and hardware for developing new AGI technology using Azure.
For more tech-updates, stay tuned to The Geek Herald!