Unfortunately, Netflix has cancelled the horror series – Chambers after one season which means that the series will not be back with a Season 2. This is definitely saddening news for the fans who were eagerly waiting for the Season 2 to come. Chambers was a supernatural drama which consisted of ten episodes, written by Daniel D’Addario.
An insight into the story of Chambers
Chambers is a story about a girl, Sasha Yazzie, who gets a heart attack. After getting a heart transplant, she becomes preoccupied with the conspiracy of the sudden death of her heart donor.
She gets closer to unwinding the truth behind the loops of mystery. She inherits some devastating characteristics of the dead by doing the same.
“Chamber will not return for a second season”-a Netflix spokesperson said.
A Netflix’s spokesperson, in a statement, said that they’re grateful to creator Leah Rachel for bringing this story to them. They’re also thankful to the tireless crew, and to their incredible cast, Uma Thurman, Tony Goldwyn and Sivan Alyra Rose.
It’s a trailblazing show for our community with incredible work by Onkwehón:we.@sivanalyrarose – I know this sucks, but just know that we’ll be seeing SO much more from you
— Kawennáhere / Devery (@kdeveryjacobs) June 19, 2019
Reasons behind cancelling the Season 2
Netflix has cancelled Chambers because of the following reasons:
- Netflix has previously ended many of its series after streaming two or three seasons. The series streaming on Netflix usually have 80% renewal rate from season 1 to 2.
chambers is a beautiful show. everyone, but me, involved are expirenced, trained, and deeply talented. my talent is grown form the scorn of the earth. i am the lead of the show and i am proud of the hard work and the result. please continue to stream chambers and enjoy. thank u.
— 💔 (@sivanalyrarose) June 19, 2019
- The horror series failed to gain much love from the critics.
- It gathered just 41% approval rating on Rotten Tomatoes for an average score of 5.53 out of 10.
- It even failed to score a good rating on IMDb-6.6 out of 10.
- Metacritic gave an average of 46 out of 100 scores to the series. It indicated mixed and average reviews from the viewers.
Have you watched #Chambers on @netflix ? If you haven’t, please just binge it and then let Netflix that they are making a huge mistake cancelling it. That’s right, Netflix, you’re making a mistake by cancelling this show. Don’t throw away this story telling, this representation. pic.twitter.com/K6U3flTwiF
— @AerynSun (@AerynSun15) June 19, 2019