The much-awaited Nintendo Switch Lite is now available to pre-order everywhere. And, the major retailers like Amazon have already put the device live for pre-ordering. However, Nintendo’s Switch Lite will release in the US on 20th September.
— CNN (@CNN) July 12, 2019
Nintendo Switch Lite: Specifications
Introducing #NintendoSwitchLite – a compact, lightweight console that's dedicated to handheld play!
This new addition to the #NintendoSwitch family arrives 20/09 in 3 different colours.
— Nintendo of Europe (@NintendoEurope) July 10, 2019
Nintendo announced its Switch Lite in June. And, the device seemed pretty amazing at the time of the announcement. As the Switch Lite has a completely different console.
- The Nintendo Switch Lite does not come with detachable Joy-cons.
- However, you can wirelessly connect the Switch Lite with accessories like Joy-cons and Pro-controllers.
- The Switch Lite has a smaller screen as compared to the Switch.
- Also, according to the gaming giant, Switch Lite will have better battery storage. They boast that the device can handle 3 to 7 hours of continuous playing.
- But, till now, there is no clarification whether the Switch Lite can be connected to televisions or not. If not, it will be a handheld device.
Nintendo Switch Lite: Limitations
For those who are pondering about if the device has any limitations, yes it does have some:
- Firstly, those who already have a Nintendo Switch may not go for it as the Switch Lite has the same performance as the predecessor.
- Also, as stated above, it cannot connect with a television.
- And, the Switch Lite still uses the old-style USB-C to charge.
Thus, the new device is quite similar to the Nintendo Switch.
Where to Pre-Order?
In case, you are wondering that where can you pre-order the device, check the following:
- The Switch Lite costs $199.99
- And currently, it is available for pre-order at Amazon, GameStop, Target and Best Buy.
- The pre-order for the Switch Lite is currently in three color variants- yellow, turquoise and grey.
So, if you wish to, you can pre-order the device at the above-mentioned sites. For more updates, keep watching The Geek Herald!