NBA is already in its 74th season and there has never been a much greater buzz for free agency players. From the likes of Kawhi Leonard to Kevin Durant and Kyrie Irving, the trade war has gotten much more intense in these past weeks. It has been reported that Jerami Grant has been traded to Denver Nuggets by Oklahoma City Thunder.
Jerian Grant has some sneaky hops. Dude can get up there. pic.twitter.com/4U4TsYKhDv
— Stephen Noh (@StephNoh) October 5, 2017
Jerami Grant (25) played for Oklahoma City Thunder with a 13.2 average, rebounds of 5.2 and blocks of 1.3 in 77 starts. His father is Harvey Grant(Ex Washington Wizard Star). As per 2020-21 contract, the player option of Grant is $ 9.6 million.
Previously, Grant was in Philadelphia 76ers and has the experience of playing 5 NBA seasons. He usually plays as a power forward and a small forward at times. It is estimated that from the Denver Nuggets he will play from the same position.
Oklahoma City Is trading F Jerami Grant to Denver for a 2020 first-round pick, league sources tell ESPN. Deal brings OKC it’s sixth future first in past week and saves Thunder $39M in salary and luxury tax.
— Adrian Wojnarowski (@wojespn) July 8, 2019
Oklahoma City Thunder trades Jerami Grant
- By this trading, the team will get the first round pick of 2020
- This will save Thunder’s $39 million in salary and tax
- Can make the Thunders a prominent contender in Western Conference title
- For lowering payroll and tax
Paul George trade to LA Clippers
Paul George (29) is NBA All-Star for 6 times and NBA All-Defensive Team member for 4 times. Oklahoma City Thunders also traded Paul George to LA Clippers. The perks of trading Paul George for the Thunders are:
- 3 picks of unprotected first round clippers
- 2 picks of the first round of Miami Heat
- Swapping right of picks, with Los Angles in drafts of 2023 and 2025
Other highlights of NBA Free Agency
- Russell Westbrook is still among the stars in Oklahoma City Thunder
- Thunders traded Danilo Gallinari from Los Angles Clippers for forward position
The trading done by Oklahoma City Thunder seems to be a well-planned attempt. Now it will be very interesting to see the repercussions of this trading.