Excess weight shed, Manthey-Racing upgrades and pre-defined tech of Porche puts 718 Cayman GT4 at the top spot of the fastest car in Nürburgring.
The new Cayman GT4 Clubsport (CS) is different. Likewise, It’s a return to more production-based racing cars for the German company.
“The plan was to build a track day car positioned under the 911 GT3 Cup as a basis for the sportsman driver,”
Moreover, the hardcore machine, the single-seater available in track for amateur drivers and in competition flavour for professional series has now gone through a series of upgrades. Further, focussing on shaving off excess weight.
The new Porsche 718 Cayman GT4 Clubsport represents pure motorsport. In addition, The recipe is well known and proven: lightweight, well-balanced performance.
Whether driving it at a track day or during a racing competition, it is in its elemental flow. That is to say, Porsche fits a PDK dual-clutch automatic gearbox similar to that of the basic Cayman. Certainly, it loses seventh gear and still gains a bespoke mechanical limited-slip differential.
#Hertz goes #Nürburgring! 💪 Rennfahrer Kai Riemer ist beim @24hNBR dabei und schwingt sich hinter das Steuer unseres #Porsche 718 Cayman GT4 Clubsport in Hertz Optik. 😎 #24hNBR 📸: https://t.co/4RlaEJRJH5 pic.twitter.com/7uB1AOXOdv
— Hertz DE (@HertzAngeboteDE) June 20, 2019
Porsche 718 Cayman GT4 Clubsport Features
- The engine: The new six-cylinder horizontally opposed engine with an output of 425hp (313kW) and 7,500rpm.
- The Chasis: Three-way shock absorbers in the “competition” version and fixed shock absorbers in the “track day” version.
- The Body: Lightweight body. The centre of gravity of this extreme Cayman is in the middle of the car, facilitating rapid load changes and even faster lap times.
- The Safety: GT4 Clubsport meets all the applicable FIA safety requirements.
- The Brakes: six-piston aluminium racing brake callipers and “anti-knock-back” piston springs. For even greater inherent stability and excellent pressure response.
— AutoRepairTech.co (@AutoRepairTechs) June 21, 2019
- Engine – Aluminum six-cylinder mid-mounted boxer engine, rigid mounting.
- Displacement – 3,800 cc
- Power – 313kW (425hp)
- Weight – 1,320 Kilograms
- Transmission – Rigidly mounted performance-based 6-speed PDK-gearbox (DCT, dual clutch transmission)
Meanwhile, MR is selling these upgrades either as individual items or the complete package for nearly €28,000 which is equivalent to 21,00,000 INR approximately. Further, the prices are about $31,600 at current exchange rates. On the other hand, these numbers are before taxes.
To sum it up, MR is also providing support to customers by explaining how to properly use the newly added items subsequently, explaining how to upgrade their cars for better.