The South Korean tech giant, Samsung announced its Galaxy A50 back in February. It looks now like the company is working on a refreshed variant of the smartphone which was spotted on Geekbench carrying model number SM-A507NF. However, Samsung has not spilled the beans about the variant yet.
Say Hello to Galaxy A50 – the most premium offering in the #GalaxyA Series! With triple rear camera, next-gen FHD+ Infinity-U sAMOLED Display & a powerful battery, Galaxy A50 is the perfect device to keep you connected to your world. And to show it off, too! #ReadyAction
— Samsung India (@SamsungIndia) February 28, 2019
Similarities in Galaxy A50 and Galaxy A50s
As expected, there were no such notable changes between the two smartphones. Samsung Galaxy A50s possesses very similar benchmark scores of A50.
- The same Exynos 9610 chipset will also power the new Samsung Galaxy A50s.
- It will also come with the same 4GB RAM.
Apart from the similarities, one can expect the following major changes in the model:
- According to Geekbench, Samsung Galaxy A50s will ship with Android 9 Pie in the box.
- The tech giant might also bring some major improvements in the camera hardware of the phone.
- Higher RAM variants of the smartphone are also expected to launch.
- Samsung might also bring out some minor upgrades in the battery capacity, storage and display size, dimensions.
Thus, these specs reveal that Galaxy A50s won’t bring any major update in the phone to boost the performance.
More A-series variants under process
Several reports are coming up that Samsung is currently working on bringing more mid-range smartphones as a part of its A-series. These phones will serve as improved versions of previous Samsung A-series’ models. And, these variants are expected to have a suffix ‘s’ at the last of their name. So, they will be named as Galaxy A20s, A30s, A50s, A70s and A90s.