Tech giant, Samsung has already prepared to launch the successor of its Galaxy Watch Active. And now, the photos of the Samsung Galaxy Watch Active 2 have been spotted in the documents of FCC. It is expected that Samsung will launch the watch with its much-awaited smartphone Note 10.
— Samsung Mobile (@SamsungMobile) February 20, 2019
Samsung Galaxy Watch Active 2: Similar to its predecessor
Keeping your #GalaxyWatch software up to date is crucial to most out of your wearable.
Check for updates by opening the Galaxy Wearable app on your phone > Selecting "Settings" > "About Gear". pic.twitter.com/jtxFry50Hw
— Samsung Support USA (@SamsungSupport) October 10, 2018
The images leaked through FCC show that Samsung Galaxy Watch Active 2 will have a quite similar design to that of Watch Active. The photos expose the watch’s FCC ID too.
Apart from this, it confirms that the watch will have a model number- SM-R830. Most probably, it will come with a 40mm body. And, the company might also roll out a 44mm variant.
Based on the images, we can figure out the following specs of Samsung Galaxy Watch Active 2:
- There will be a stainless steel version of the watch too
- The device might support LTE for the stainless-steel variant
- The rotating bezel of the previous model seems to be replaced by a touch-sensitive bezel in this model
- 1.2-inch Super AMOLED screen (40 mm variant), 1.4-inch Super AMOLED screen(44 mm variant)
- It will also Gorilla Glass DX+ protection.
- Both the variants will have a 360*360 pixels resolution
Rumored Specs and leaks
Apart from the above specs, the previous leaks show that the device will have the following specifications:
- The Watch Active 2 will be powered by Exynos 9110 SoC
- The wearable might also feature Bluetooth version 5.0
- The smaller model will weigh 31g, and the bigger one will weigh 36g
- The Bluetooth variant will offer 768 MB RAM. And, the LTE variant will have 1.5 GB of RAM
- The two variants will have 247 mAh and 340 mAh battery capacity respectively
- The aluminum variant of the watch will come in Pink Gold, Silver, and Black Colors
- While the stainless steel Watch Active 2 will have Gold, Black, and Silver color options
Now, we are eager to see the original model of the Watch Active 2 after knowing about such amazing specs of it. For more updates, keep following The Geek Herald!