Microsoft is known for keeping its previous versions of Windows up-to-date. Now, the tech giant has pushed another update for Windows 10 October 2018 Update. Like the last update, Windows 10 October 2018 Update too does not bring any new features. However, it fixes the bugs and a handful of issues.
Apart from bug fixes, the Windows 10 October 2018 Update improves the following:
- The reliability while upgrading from Windows 10, version 1703
- Improved compatibility with the application for Window-Eyes screen reader
— Windows (@Windows) July 17, 2019
Log of bug fixes since Windows 10 October 2018 Update
Sometimes you can’t stop for a text. Now you don’t have to. Get Your Phone app and text right from your PC. Available now in the #Windows10 October 2018 Update. #MicrosoftEvent pic.twitter.com/JCXP3cJ3Zl
— Windows (@Windows) October 2, 2018
Here’s a complete record of the bug fixes introduced in the new release- KB4505658 (OS Build 17763.652) :
- The new update address the issue of performance on certain websites which use WebAssembly
- It also fixes the issue that causes Internet Explorer to stop working while moving a tab to create a new window
- It fixes the issue that prevents the PIN prompt from appearing when authenticated in Internet Explorer
- Also updates the time zone for Brazil
- The update fixes the issue that might cause Windows to display unwanted characters instead of a single quote
- The issue that prevents Microsoft Office 2000 applications from working if the high contrast mode is on while using Save and Save As option is also addressed
- Fixes the issue that stops the applications stored in windows.storage.dll from working and displays ExceptionCode c0000005
For more information, you can check out Microsoft’s full release notes.
How to get the new update?
Before installing the update
According to Microsoft, one should install the latest service stack update (SSU) for the operating system. This increases the reliability of the update process to reduce the number of potential issues while installing the latest cumulative update.
Steps to install the update
Follow these steps to get this latest update:
- Go to Settings -> Update & Security -> Windows Update.
- Now select Check for Updates and install the update.
- Instead, to get the standalone package of this update, go to the Microsoft Update Catalog website.
For more tech-updates, keep following The Geek Herald!